What have I been up to since my last blog?
My goal in retirement has been to spend 10 hours a week on school consulting, 10 hours a week in support of non-profit leaders, and get a bit more rest and exercise than busy superintendents do. Turns out, that means I am working pretty much full-time, 8 hours a day, 6 days a week.
My work centers on improving leadership, systems, and learning organizations. Helping make good things happen.
- Kent and St. Louis are aligning goals district-wide.
- Sumner, includes me as a monthly thought partner, now going on 10 years.
- Clover Park is investing in coaching and leadership development.
- And I learn new things each month from our awesome network of superintendents.
My volunteering time supports teams and leaders in non-profit and mission organizations. What does that look like?
- Helping with procedural audits in PNG, Nigeria, and the Philippines.
- Supporting strategic planning in Malaysia, PNG, and other global organizations.
- Facilitating organizational development work in two global organizations.
- Chairing Schools for Africa’s work with schools, clinics and grazing in Nigeria.
Zoom is amazing.
- One team is headed out of Spain, another out of France.
- Monthly zooms with leaders across the US and around the globe.
- And our superintendent network can meet monthly via Zoom.
- Post pandemic, it is now delightful to be able to go be on the ground in person.
- So far this year, that has meant: Colorado, Missouri, North Carolina, Florida, Nicaragua, India, and Malaysia.
- Looking forward to what 2024 has in store.
Living out my passion.
Isaiah 58:11-12 … God’s guiding … filled to overflowing … building future foundations for … thriving communities.